not showing up

Have a server that's not properly region identified? Post here to get it fixed.

Moderator: Moderators

not showing up

Postby flix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:15 pm

hey !

got a cod4 server that is showing up as an england region server , my prob is that all or most of the england servers never get looked at so if it is possible id like to change it to united kingdom region .....

ip = 193.47.83.113:28900

i know you might think this is petty but you want to try sitting on an empty server for ages waiting for a player to turn up lol ...... ITS BOOOOOORING #-o

cheers for any help [-o< [-o< [-o<
flix

Re: not showing up

Postby Captin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Is the server really in the U.K. or do you just want that server to show up in a different region because you think that if it is then the server will attract more players?
Captin
Lord and Master

Postby ron.mercer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:49 pm

flix wrote:hey !

got a cod4 server that is showing up as an england region server , my prob is that all or most of the england servers never get looked at so if it is possible id like to change it to united kingdom region .....

ip = 193.47.83.113:28900

i know you might think this is petty but you want to try sitting on an empty server for ages waiting for a player to turn up lol ...... ITS BOOOOOORING #-o

cheers for any help [-o< [-o< [-o<

Qtracker has your server listed as region #157, England. The server appears to be in London, specifically. Unfortunately, I can't change where it's located. If I did, the next time the region scanners looked it up they'd change it back.
Ron Mercer
Qtracker

ron.mercer
Site Admin

Postby flix » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:47 pm

yeah the server is in london and ive found other servers from that box that have the united kingdom tag ...... ive been through everything my side to try to get the server showing united kingdom but still no joy !

was wondering if it is possible to manually change it from your end ?

thanks for your quick response to my 1st post... any help is much appreciated .
flix

Postby flix » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:31 am

yo !

ive just downloaded another server browser called HLSW ... i admit this program is NOWHERE near as good as QTRACKER and not as user friendly , but it does show my server as a united kingdom region server ! so was thinking it could be a fault on QTRACKER'S behalf that my server shows as an england server on your prog ! ... is there anything you can do ?

oh btw for anyone reading this ... DO NOT waste your time with any other server browser as QTRACKER is about the best ive tried ! [-X [-X =D> =D>
flix

Postby ron.mercer » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:29 pm

flix wrote:yo !

ive just downloaded another server browser called HLSW ... i admit this program is NOWHERE near as good as QTRACKER and not as user friendly , but it does show my server as a united kingdom region server ! so was thinking it could be a fault on QTRACKER'S behalf that my server shows as an england server on your prog ! ... is there anything you can do ?

oh btw for anyone reading this ... DO NOT waste your time with any other server browser as QTRACKER is about the best ive tried ! [-X [-X =D> =D>

Your server is in London from everything I can tell. Here's a partial traceroute:

Code: Select all
 15   128 ms   125 ms   125 ms  vlan62.icore1.ldn-london.teleglobe.net [195.219.83.1]
 16   117 ms   119 ms   117 ms  ix-12-1.icore1.ldn-london.teleglobe.net [195.219.83.10]
 17   117 ms   118 ms   119 ms  te5-1.telehouse-metro.core.enta.net [87.127.236.94]
 18   121 ms   124 ms   121 ms  84-45-244-74.no-dns-yet.enta.net [84.45.244.74]
 19   124 ms   124 ms   124 ms  193.47.83.113

If you hop onto enta.net's website and look at their network map you'll see that Telehouse is under the "London" bubble.

If you're seeing other servers on that machine listed under UK in Qtracker, please let me know what other ips are running on that box as all 6 servers I see running on that ip have the same region #157 (London, England).

I'm not sure what to tell you about your request. The region-scanners work off where things actually are located, I can't re-map a server unless it has an RDNS entry for the ip. If you setup a reverse-lookup for that ip I can map the region based off the hostname, however this will change every server running on that ip, not just yours.
Ron Mercer
Qtracker

ron.mercer
Site Admin

Return to Region Support