Left 4 dead version filter question

Designing a filter? Get tips and advice from other users. Suggest new filter features here too.

Moderators: Support, Moderators

Left 4 dead version filter question

Postby raecer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:22 am

I've looked for a filter to only show my current version of the game but didnt find one so i edited a COD 4 filter copying the relevant parts. Now im wondering if i've done something wrong because even though i specified 1.0.1.1 version i get a few hits for 1.0.1.0 and 1.0.0.9 (although not all of them). Why do you think this is? ^^
Appreciate any help!

i used
Code: Select all
if [$server_version] == "1.0.1.1"
Attachments
Version.qtf
(186 Bytes) Downloaded 270 times
raecer

Re: Left 4 dead version filter question

Postby ron.mercer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:56 pm

raecer wrote:I've looked for a filter to only show my current version of the game but didnt find one so i edited a COD 4 filter copying the relevant parts. Now im wondering if i've done something wrong because even though i specified 1.0.1.1 version i get a few hits for 1.0.1.0 and 1.0.0.9 (although not all of them). Why do you think this is? ^^
Appreciate any help!

i used
Code: Select all
if [$server_version] == "1.0.1.1"

Your filter is working perfectly for me, and I see no problems with the filter itself.

In what view are you seeing the 1.0.1.0 and 1.0.0.9 servers in? Perhaps these are in one of your favorites folders and filtering is disabled for the folder?
Ron Mercer
Qtracker

ron.mercer
Site Admin

Re: Left 4 dead version filter question

Postby raecer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:13 pm

I figured out what the problem was now. I did indeed have a folder with favourites that i was refreshing. The filter was only filtering left 4 dead games, and somehow a few counterstrike servers (or heavily modded left 4 dead servers reporting as counterstrike servers) were showing up since they were not affected by the filter. Either removing the servers or telling the filter to filter all games will work as a solution now. Thank you for the useful suggestions ^^
raecer

Return to Filters