Save current filter set?

Designing a filter? Get tips and advice from other users. Suggest new filter features here too.

Moderators: Support, Moderators

Save current filter set?

Postby Littlex » Tue May 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Is there a option to save the current selected filters so you dont have to reselect all the options after a qtracker restart?

Thanks for the help!
Lx
Taurenmarines to the rescue!
Littlex
Novice User

Re: Save current filter set?

Postby ron.mercer » Tue May 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Littlex wrote:Is there a option to save the current selected filters so you dont have to reselect all the options after a qtracker restart?

Thanks for the help!
Lx

The state is saved immediately when you turn a filter on or off. The information is stored in the filter (.qtf) file itself, so if this is not working then it has to be a permissions issue.

Are you running Vista or XP? Are you logged in with local admin privs, or was Qtracker installed as a user that has different permissions than the user you're currently using? You can resolve this (and still use your lower access privs) by granting the current user full permissions to the Qtracker installation folder and it's subfolders.

Let me know if this is not your issue, but the options are fairly limited as to what the issue is.
Ron Mercer
Qtracker

ron.mercer
Site Admin

Postby Littlex » Tue May 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Hm okay, i guess i see the problem. I am running Vista with UAC enabled.

The access gets blocked by uac with no information popup, which is logical and correct because the information should be stored in the user folder. Qtracker has no rights to change the qtf filter file.

Running qtracker with administrative rights avoids that problem but its no real fix or option.

Edit reasion: Correct information
Littlex
Novice User

Postby ron.mercer » Tue May 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Littlex wrote:Hm okay, i guess i see the problem. I am running Vista with UAC enabled.

The access gets blocked by uac with no information popup, which is logical and correct because the information should be stored in the user folder. Qtracker has no rights to change the qtf filter file.

Running qtracker with administrative rights avoids that problem but its no real fix or option.

Edit reasion: Correct information

<INSTALLFOLDER>\Filters\Game\<GAMENAME>

So if you installed into C:\Program Files\Qtracker, and the game is COD4:

C:\Program Files\Qtracker\Filters\Game\Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Whenever you toggle a filter, the respective .qtf file will be opened, edited, then saved. I'm eventually moving this to an .xml config file so the filter files won't need to be edited, but regardless the current user should have full permissions to this folder and it's subfolders.

UAC... :(
Ron Mercer
Qtracker

ron.mercer
Site Admin

Postby Littlex » Tue May 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Yeah thats the problem you dont have the rights to edit those files as normal user with no admin rights levitation.

UAC is a good thing it disallows background changes of files.

Starting qtracker as admin is not an option i dont want my games being run as under administrative rights :\
Littlex
Novice User

Postby Littlex » Wed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Okay about the filter stuff. As expected in the default case the user aint allowed to access the programm files directory without getting levitated to admin level for that action. [-X

Qtracker trys to write the current true or false state into the qtf filter file which reside in the programm files directory, because this aint allowed and its no user triggered action, uac is blocking the state change without even informing the user.

Starting qtracker as administrator and changing the state of a filter is effecting the security rules for a file. Normal users dont have any write or change access to the filter file. After changing the filter state with qtracker started as administrator the current user which got tmp. admin rights is allowed to write and change the file even afterwards when qtracker is running in the non admin enviroment. I just changed all file security rules manually via the windows explorer and i my filter states now get saved.
Littlex
Novice User

Return to Filters